Subject: [Leica] My vacation kit
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sat Oct 11 08:07:39 2008

Hi All- The last few vacations I have taken with my wife were ocean
cruises. The kit consisted of 2 Panasonic Lumix cameras (that say Leica
  DC Vario-Elmarit 1.28-5.6/4.6-16.8 Asph). I also take about 8-10 SD
cards and a battery charger and a brush to dust the lens barrel when it
is extended. I've had lint get on the barrel and have it sucked into
the camera body which ends up on the sensor and causes smudges  on some
of the prints. I've sent the camer in to Panasonic to have the sensor
cleaned under the one year warranty. I've taken thousands of images. I
know that I would get better quality with my R9/DMR and some R lenses,
but it would be a lot heavier and not as convenient. When we go to
Africa on a photo safari I may reconsider the kit. Happy snaps! Stasys