Subject: [Leica] ir filter
From: leowesson at gmail.com (lug)
Date: Sat Oct 11 10:00:06 2008

Gene,

i've got a nice little collection of about 4 leica filters that are
scratched pretty good, let's see, that's about 450$ worth. the biggest
problem they cause is flare.  it's why i really don't like using them
because my nice non flaring leica lenses flare with these silly
filters especially if they get dust or scratches on them.  but i'm
forced to use them because i i also don't like purple blacks, which by
the way, i have been getting in full daylight now, not just inside
under artificial light.  this is my biggest  complaint about my m8 and
it's a big one.  this problem doesn't seem to bother anyone else as
much as it bothers me but it's why i won't be buying another m8 until
they address the ir issue. second reason is high iso noise, i really
would like my m8 to have the same noise as my d3. i'm not holding my
breath.

leo