Subject: [Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Oct 11 15:08:52 2008

At 03:42 PM 10/11/2008, you wrote:
>Interesting question.

It varies for different trips.  For general vacation, when I hope to
take enough stock photos to pay for the trip ;-) , I take about what
I took to the Grand Canyon last week.  12/5.8, 24/2.8, 35/2.0,
35/1.4, 75/1.4, 90/2.0.  I carried the DR 50, forgetting that I
couldn't use it on the M8. I also took the 135 Hektor and the
Visoflex attachments, thinking that I might do some close-ups of
flowers, etc., down at Phantom Ranch, but it was too dark by the time
I got down there and still dark when I left the next morning!!  For
the rest of the trip, the wind was way too strong for any close-up
work so I carried all of that stuff for nothing.  Sometimes that
happens but I'd rather carry it and not need it than need it and not
carry it!  I do find that I carry wider lenses in general with the M8
than with film cameras.  I don't carry anything longer than a 90
usually unless I'm going on safari with my R lenses.

Tina (at the farm recovering from the red-eye flight from Flagstaff!)

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?)
Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?)