Subject: [Leica] OT: modern pocket watch?
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Oct 12 20:42:51 2008

yes, i blame you luggers for getting me hooked on the omega
(or omEEEga as daniel craig says) speedmaster day-date automatic.
it's a magnificent thing, even though the crome hands and satin face
make it hard for these old eyes to focus on.

of course, as i write this, mine
has stopped since i often don't wear a watch all weekend, and
have to reset it for monday. but does the inconvenience contribute
to the singularity of its charm? (and the fact that it's a day/date means
you have to wind the hands through every minute and hour to get the days
of the week right, with fingertips blue-tinged from fountain pen ink).

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey