Subject: [Leica] OT: modern pocket watch?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Oct 13 04:58:32 2008

Ah, you are on the Leica users group.

For me, it is purely emotional, and personal.  I wanted something that a
craftsman felt proud to have assembled, from a company that is
passionate about their goods, and yes, mechanical, regardless of
technological limitations.

I wear my IWC Portuguese Chronograph Automatic all the time, to classes,
when I'm grocery shopping, everywhere.  In fact, it is the best way to
keep it running smoothly.

I doubt that most people around me would even know what it is.  Maybe
that is more an indication of the company that I keep.   :-)

I check it against my computer time, and it does okay, actually, pretty
good for time accuracy.  If I wanted absolute time accuracy, I'd get an
electronic one.

And it cost me more than a Noctilux at the time.  In my current line of
thinking, the IWC would need to be pried from my hands after rigor
mortis sets in.  I don't feel that way about much of my cameras.  Well,
maybe that KE-7a that I bought last year   :-)

...Vick

Replies: Reply from alal at duke.poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] OT: modern pocket watch?)