Subject: [Leica] IMG story: Kokanee Slamon
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:12:06 2008

Thank you George, Tina, Jayanand, and Stasys for your comments.  These
photos were made yesterday.  There are a few more photos I'd like to add to
this story, and an E67 Circular Polarizing filter for the 180 is on my
shopping list.

Among the photos I'd like to add to the story are additional predators such
as Black Bear, and, believe it or not, Mallard ducks.  The Mallards were
looking for salmon eggs, and when they found a suspected redd they'd pump
their feet rapidly to stirr the silt, gravel and eggs so they could eat the
eggs.  Another hazard was the machine-gunning gear-talking Canonographer
who boasted of wading into the stream on the previous day (disrupting &
trampling redds, and filling the water with silt) in order to get photos of
the Black Bear eating salmon.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com