Subject: [Leica] IMG story: Kokanee Slamon
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:14:03 2008

Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@tele2.fr> wrote:

> Well Ted,
> you've now described your next assignment - get pictures of Doug
> lecturing the Canon-egg-ruining-fishermen-starver man, or was it a woman?

The US Forest Service rangers were occupied escorting schoolchildren along
the creek and reminding them of the importance of quiet and of not
disturbing the salmon, just as their Canadian counterparts are doing.  If
they had seen this bozo amateur photographer in the water ignoring the
Forest Service's posted signs to stay out of the water, he would have been
slapped with a painful fine.  Not to mention he was within 15 feet of the
momma bear and cubs.

I told him that in my opinion the world has seen enough photos of bears
eating salmon such that endangering one's self or the wildlife for the sake
of yet another bear-eating-salmon photo is a bad tradeoff.  In his response
I sensed a complete absence of comprehension.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG story: Kokanee Slamon)
Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] IMG story: Kokanee Slamon)