Subject: [Leica] MP question: ISO dial?
From: jackmclain at mac.com (Jack McLain)
Date: Wed Oct 15 19:16:07 2008

Gentlemen:

I am about to sell my Leica MP and several lenses and while looking
around and trying to see what the market is I came upon an
advertisement for a MP that the seller claimed was rare because it had
an ISO dial.  What is the deal with this? Is it true that only some MP
cameras have an ISO dial? (how would one set film speed without a dial
anyway?) Mine does indeed have an ISO dial and I want to get a fair
price for it. The serial number of my camera is 2880XXX if that is
relevant.

On a second note: where is the best, safest and most reliable site to
sell Leica gear these days? Is it best to sell privately or to ship it
off to Tamarkin, KEH, et al, and save oneself the hassle of dealing
with potential rip-off artists?

thanks much
cheers

Jack McLain