Subject: [Leica] waiting-now children's hospitals
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu Oct 16 12:38:11 2008

I cannot say enough praise for Children's hospitals.  My son Eric was
treated for two years at the  Shriner's Hospital in Shreveport.  They
followed his progress, teaching him exercises that would allow him a normal
life.  Indeed that has happened as he plays soccer, and totes around a
musical instrument as big as he is.

It is not only Eric that made me love that place.  We met so many kids being
lovingly cared for there, many of them outpatients from hundreds of miles
away, transported by volunteers.  The Doctors, Nurses and Staff, well, I
think of Steve every time I look at the pictures of that time.

Not only did Eric get this wonderful treatment, but there was no medical
bill.

If you care to take a look, here's an essay I did back then.

http://www.sonc.com/shriners/pages/P1010648.htm

--
Regards,

Sonny