Subject: [Leica] some tests at 128,000 asa
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed Oct 22 12:58:37 2008

Sweet barking cheese!

Yeah. On the new Leica d700 there are two settings beyond 3200 asa
"you're kidding" and "there be dragons". Walking around last night in
the dark I saw some nice clouds and thought "wonder if I could catch
them in a normal exposure" - so I ran the ISO up into uncharted
territories and made an exposure at 1/40th of a second at f 2.8 - these
are full sized images (six megs) so you can see the grain for yourself.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/i-photographed-the-night2.jpg

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2008/i-photographed-the-night1.jpg

Replies: Reply from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] some tests at 128,000 asa)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] some tests at 128,000 asa)