Subject: [Leica] (Was: some tests at 128, 000 asa) Now: from the bottom of the scale
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Mon Oct 27 19:19:16 2008

Actually, as I figure it, Kyle's images were taken at ISO 25,600 (two
settings beyond 6400, the camera's highest numerated setting).

To give equal time to the darkness-challenged, here are a few I took
today in rare NW Ohio bright sunshine with my "Leica" D700 (if it had
been wearing Solms glass it would've been a Leicon) at one stop
*below* ISO 200, the camera's lowest numerated setting?equivalent to
ISO 100?for astronauts on the surface of the Moon, perhaps, or at any
rate 256 times slower than Kyle's. (Full disclosure: some of the
images are at ISO 200.)

C&C welcome: http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/D700/

Side Cut Park, along the Maumee River (largest of the Great Lakes
tributaries) is part of the Toledo-Lucas County Metropark system. It's
named for the "side cut" extension of the Miami-Erie Canal connecting
the main canal with the city of Maumee. Three of the original six
locks are preserved in the park and shown in my photos.

--howard

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Re:Now: from the bottom of the scale)
Reply from r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] (Was: some tests at 128, 000 asa) Now: from the bottom of the scale)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] (Was: some tests at 128, 000 asa) Now: from the bottom of the scale)