Subject: [Leica] Re: Full Upgrade or M8.2?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 22 15:59:36 2008

Doug you are correct, in that it has been raised (elsewhere) as a possible
issue.  Perhaps the detent may be strengthened if it proves to be a problem
in general use. This has been done for the self-timer selection for example.
The viewfinder indications are single red dot for within acceptable
parameters or flashing dot and arrow. However the LCD display provides a
graphical representation when it is selected too. In addition this function
only operates with coded lenses, although of course all new stock now is
coded. My view is that it is no different to say the A setting for aperture
priority there. If the objection was that it is too easy to move to this
setting from the manual speed selections, you would have to think that a
person operating the camera that way would be paying attention to their
selections and be competent to operate it. I think that in practice it may
be useful for some circumstances. Most M8 users would not routinely use it,
certainly.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e