Subject: [Leica] Upgrade or M8.2 now S mode
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 22 19:05:59 2008

I respectfully disagree. Its just a choice for the camera user. Don't use it
if you don't want it. You can buy the camera either way.
If you get the shutter upgrade on the original M8, you have reduced the
noise significantly by all reports. If it is still an issue, using a half
case on the camera also reduces the sound level.
>From my experience, I was conscious of the operating noise during a quiet
period in a school concert. After shooting a number of frames I asked the
people 2 metres away if the noise had bothered them. They told me that they
did not hear any noise from the camera. In the balance, the option to make
any upgrades is pretty good, in my opinion. The economics of course are sums
you can only do for your own circumstance.
Do you have the M8, John? Do you have a gallery somewhere to share photos
with us?

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e