Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 2.1, M8 profiles
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 22 19:36:36 2008

Firstly, apologies to the acronym sensitive.
Tina please keep us posted as you use the new profile. Another interesting
aside is that I have found that ACR apparently respects the embedded
profiles if you have imported your DNGs via Capture One 4.
I just thought that it may be pointing to a change of philosophy with ACR
too. You would have to think that a functionality change there in LR2 should
be mirrored in ACR??
I've only just moved to PS CS4, which has ACR 5. There are no general
profile updates visible for the M8 in that version (i.e. ACR4.4 is the
latest offered). Maybe it has just yet to be released for ACR 5.
Of course I've pre-ordered the Camera Raw and CS4 books!  It will be very
interesting to read what Jeff Schewe has to say on this. In the current book
he has stated that the individual profiles are of limited use and the two
generic profiles for each camera type (Thomas Knoll's method) are a superior
approach. Did you say that you had done a camera calibration using the same
method recently? I've not had an opportunity to experiment there yet. I must
point this to the Adobe forum and see what emerges.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/