Subject: [Leica] Re: S mode and me
From: jamriman at gmail.com (John Abela)
Date: Wed Oct 22 21:44:27 2008

Hi again John. I'm an enthusiastic amateur Leica user just like you. You've
been shooting your M's for much longer than I have then. I only got the
addiction a couple of years ago. My kids get a lot of camera time as well! I
don't know why you would condemn your work as garbage without getting a
second and third or more opinion from us here ;-) A number of the active
members here share family photos as part of their photography. I hope that
you post a link and share some photos with the group sometime. I have
certainly learnt a lot here and hope that I keep on doing that.
I do understand that you'd like the delayed cocking as part of the firmware
upgrade. I was just stating my personal experience and respectfully
disagreeing with you.

My apologies. I envisioned you as a sophisticated pro wondering if I
even have or use an M8.
Anyhow, I definitely don't need the delay feature but I think it
conforms to the true philosophy
of the M being quiet and inconspicuous. I want it, but just can't
justify spending the extra bucks for it.
Just upset because I want it and can't have it. Whaaa Whaaa

--
Regards,
John