Subject: [Leica] PLOOT Reflex Housing FS
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Oct 24 11:26:09 2008

TERMS:
Shipping charges extra
10-day MBG from receipt

This is a later PLOOT Reflex Housing, post 1940,
with the detachable 5X and 30X
magnifier.  Technically, this unit is a POOXT and
consists of a PROON reflex housing and a POOIM
magnifier.  Now, that gets the formalities out of the way!

The unit I have available is s/n 4303.  I
compared it to my other two PLOOT housings, s/n
2695 and 5660. 4303 is in what I would describe
as E- condition.  Here are the noted defects:

-- the rubber eyecup is dried and has a crack
--  the paint is worn
--  the mirror is degraded and needs
resurfaced.  This is a first-surface mirror.  The glass is in good shape.
--  the button to raise the mirror is jammed.  I
have NOT tried to force it up nor have I used oil
on it.  The housing for the mutton seems to be canted inwards.
--  the rubber ring at the top of the focusing
unit is cracked and is missing a bit of rubber.

The unit is complete and entire, though it does
not include the release cable, and, other than
the mirror, optically fine.  It does need  good cleaning

$US 75.00

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!