Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 24/10/2008: a rare film image
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Oct 25 03:25:54 2008

Occasionally, I put a roll in my Bronica 645 and go back to the roots.
I did that a couple of weeks ago, and got the processed film back this
week. Yesterday I finally had time to do the scanning and Photoshopping.

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#401847645_nW6wh-O-LB

Incidentally, I used to scan MF film at a resolution of 3200 ppi on my
Epson V700. This time, just to test my iMac, I decided to go whole
hog, and scanned the film at the maximum optical resolution of the
scanner, i.e. 6400 ppi. This resulted in each image being about 250
MB. I opened Photoshop CS3 and opened all 16 images at once. I
expected the thing to be slow as molasses, but no--I guess partly
thanks to having 4 GB of RAM, my iMac positively zipped through the
levels adjustments, spotting and sharpening that I did on each image.
Pretty impressive.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain