Subject: [Leica] M8 FW2.0 flash problem?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Oct 27 20:35:31 2008

Meanwhile, my brain hurts when I think about -2/3 compensation on ISO320
with fill-in flash.
The gain is being increased then underexposed, presumably out of concern
that highlights may be clipped. Not trying to start an argument.
Comparative examples to support or contest this would be of great interest
to me and I think a lot of the group.
I assume shooting DNG's?
I routinely use 320ISO as a standard and see no practical quality difference
over 160 for my type of shooting. I don't routinely use negative
compensation and find no clipping problems with any reasonably thoughtful
exposure. Expose to the right advocate).

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Maike Harbets speaks on the S2. .... So we will drop down this technology to
our other systems.
Our priority is to modernise the R system which will be in the end an R10,
definitely.