Subject: [Leica] 21 mm Leica lenses......
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Oct 28 05:26:36 2008

Frank,
Given your use of film, I might suggest the 21 F3.4 first as it is very hard
to use on the M8 and the price can be very good for non-collectible
versions.  On a straight performance vote I would have to go with the Zeiss
4.5 Biogon.  The edges are better with the Leica ASPH but I feel the
transition to out of focus is better with the Biogon.  I know, I know,
nothing is out of focus with a 21 but if you use classic near/far
relationships then you are 15 inches from your main subject and their are
indeed out of focus areas.

Mostly, I would just decide on price; if there is some desperate Lehman
Brothers ex-employee that has to sell their 21 ASPH for $1200 then I would
buy that over the Biogon; otherwise why not buy a new Zeiss?

0.02