Subject: [Leica] Leitz tripod head
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Oct 28 15:56:15 2008

I was cleaning out a closet and ran across the box for a Leitz tripod head
(large) from around the 1960s.  The price tag was still on it -- $21.  It
made me smile to think they once cost that little, but of course I realize
it was more than 40 years ago.  Some other prices I remember: 1965 M3 body
with rigid Summicorn f/2 for $323 in the Saigon PX (still have it).  1966 M2
body bought in HK for $131 (still have it).  Rolex manual wind SS case watch
for $78 (PX).
But when that tripod head cost $21, I was making $1/hr. so it would have
cost me 21 hrs of wages.  The same one today at $219 would be MUCH cheaper
in terms of labor cost (for me), but for someone making $10/hr it would
still cost 21 hrs of labor.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE