Subject: [Leica] Mamiya ZD camera.....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 29 07:50:56 2008

I was talking to the Mamiya guy at the Photo Expo here at Jacob Javits
center last week. He had some pithy comments.

The ZD Monster Mamiya wont be brought into the US of A
that other medium format digital system based on their medium format 645
will be.
That will get you interchangeable upgradeable backs with handling which will
be just as spunky. Less clunky.

The PHASE ONE he says is more than based on a Mamiya body.
http://www.image-acquire.com/other_brands/phase_one_645_or_mamiya_645afdiii_
camera.html

http://www.image-acquire.com/Mamiya%20645AFDIII%20Camera-thumb.jpg

Amazing what a little European typography will do to transform the hopes and
aspirations of a lowly Japanese 645.
But its the same camera he says inside and out.

Only its typographer knows for sure!

- the Mamiya guy says if you put the phase one back on a Mamiya 645 digital
cameras body you get the same in effect camera thing.
But you can put other backs on too from other company's!

And 22 megapixels don't amount to a hill of beans anymore.

Upgradeability does!

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner