Subject: [Leica] Leica prices downunder
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 29 18:49:09 2008

My local dealer just advised me that Leica prices locally  will rise
substantially from the 1st of the month.
Like 20% or more across the board!!
The M8.2 body when available will be listed at a staggering AUD 9299.00
including tax.
I cannot imagine any amateur, however enthusiastic, being able to
contemplate that here.
Certainly will be interesting to see what happens to used prices. Previously
discounting was lowering the price of the M8 new.
The CHEAPER new 24mm viewfinder (the one for the DLUX4) AUD 495.00.
PRE-price rise the new 1.4 24 was going to be something like AUD 6700.00.
Meanwhile our dollar is worth about 37% less against the USD than mid-year.
That stomps all over being able to save by personal importing.
You would have to think that the AUD- Euro exchange has not yet been fully
reflected in those 20% higher prices either.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Maike Harbets speaks on the S2. .... So we will drop down this technology to
our other systems.
Our priority is to modernise the R system which will be in the end an R10,
definitely.