Subject: [Leica] First Blurb book
From: lists at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Sat Nov 1 04:15:24 2008

So - finally settling down to put together my first Blurb book. I've
got a new 24" iMac - it's just fab! - and I've had the pics for the
book professionally scanned from neg.

I know there are a number of folk in the Group who've produced Blurb
books in the past, so I'm hoping you'll be patient with me if I ask
stupid questions as I go along.

The first question is: I understand I can use InDesign to produce the
book and then send PDFs to Blurb. Has anyone tried this, or have you
used the Blurb software? Is the Blurb software any good? Having spent
years working with Quark on daily basis I'm quite comfortable with
InDesign.

First thing is I've been spotting and correcting the scans - they're
all B&W, and all over 40Mb in size - and just loving the new computer.
Wow this thing flies!

Cheers, P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter