Subject: [Leica] First Blurb book
From: lists at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Tue Nov 4 08:36:10 2008

I've decided to do down the InDesign route. Seems that, once you've
got the document designed, you have to save each page as a JPEG (alarm
bells ringing here already!) and drop them into the Blurb software.

Been busy today coming to terms with InDesign. It's pretty similar to
Quark, but I haven't used Quark for 10 years. Can be frustrating as I
know what I want to do, and pretty much how to do it, but it takes me
hours of shifting through menus and dialogue boxes to find the right
box to tick to do it.

My experience is, if you're thinking of upgrading to a 24", do it.
I've got the fully loaded 24" iMac, max RAM and the faster 3.06gig
processor. It is simply stunning to work on. The screen is crystal
clear and it runs PhotoShop perfectly, skipping through 50Mb scans
simply instantaneously. I don't think I've seen the spinning pizza
once since I've been using it.

Cheers, P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter