Subject: [Leica] ... and Some Thoughts on the M3
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat Nov 1 23:59:18 2008

-----Original Message-----
Lluis wrote:

>Frank,
>I rarey use my 1,25x, IMO they "eat" some brilliance.

>About the M3 VF, I've never understod why Leica did not remake it on a
>modern version

>Saludos cordiales
>Lluis
I think a big reason was the general preference of photojournalists for
using the
35mm lens as standard, and thus wanting those framelines in the finder.
I, on the other hand don't use lenses wider than 50mm very much, so I like
having the almost life-size magnification.  I've always thought that a IIIg
might
be my ideal camera - framelines for my two favorite lengths, 50 and 90, in a
body smaller than an M.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee