Subject: [Leica] Spanish names
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Nov 8 08:33:22 2008

Hi Brian,

In fact Nathan, Geoff, Philippe has explained very well why.

My "official name " is LUIS, but during the Franco's dictature
the"castillan" was the only official language of the Spanish "Sacro
Dictature", on those times, if you was speaking catalan, some people
could say you: "habla cristiano!", not very far away of those
disonhoured times for the history where the Inquisition was dominating
everything, I'm sorry to say this, but I'm still not understanding why
in our days somebody can exhibit a tittle as "Duque de Alba", this is
very sad.

Well, I come back to my name. For my familly, my friends I'm Lluis.
One day I've decided to put my original name, fortunately we are on a
democratic Country where the rights are respected, I'm very proud to
be Catalan and also Spanish, now Spain is my home, during the
dictature it was different, I think that we the Catalans should intend
for a good comprehension between the different and rich Spanish
cultures, European..., no more frontiers!. We should reach this
respecting all the cultures and without domination.

In Spain we have two surnames, Ripoll (from my father) and Querol
(from my mather), in my opinion this is a nice tradition. Of course,
Luis is more easy to pronounce, don't worry for this Brian, and all,
I'll be as happy if the day we meet us you call me Luis..., I don't
know how explain you to prononvce "LLUIS" (maybe more or les like a
mixture between Y and J).  The important thing is that we will be very
happy talking around our cameras and some beers!

Thank you very much for read with patiente all this...., and thank you
very much for your message!

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 06/11/2008, a las 16:22, Brian Reid escribi?: