Subject: [Leica] Spanish names
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Nov 6 07:53:01 2008

I've been wondering about this for a while, but now that Se?or Ripoll has
won both first and second place in the contest, I'm going to ask.

Lluis, I would enjoy seeing an explanation of why you have written your name
so many diferent ways. For a few years it was "Luis Ripoll" and then it was
"Lluis Ripoll" and now it's "Lluis Ripoll Querol". Is "Querol" a matronymic?
Is "Lluis" a nickname? Is "Lluis" pronounced the same as "Luis" or does the
"ll" combination have a "y" sound?

Replies: Reply from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] Spanish names)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Spanish names)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Spanish names)