Subject: [Leica] Slide projector lenses: hector vs. elmaron vs. dimaron
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat Nov 8 08:36:23 2008

At 03:36 PM 11/6/2008, Jean Louchet wrote:
 >Hi,
 >this is about slide projector lenses. Does anyone have an idea of the
 >compared performance/quality/optical formulas of Elmaron vs. Hektor
 >vs. Dimaron? I am particularly interested in their medium format
 >versions but any info about the 35 mm versions would be welcome.

Jean

We discussed this actively around 1995 and you
might want to check the archives.

In very general terms, the later the better,
though some of the 1950/1960-era Leitz MF lenses
still are competitive, especially those which
allowed a full-frame display at a relatively
short distance.  I once knew a lot about these
things and owned and used a chunk of these
projectors and lenses but, in the end, I fell
back on a basic Leica projector for
miniature-format slides and an early Kiev-66 --
the truck-farm version -- for medium-format work.

If you bug me enough, I can provide more
information but I worked as an Officer of
Elections this past Tuesday and am still blown
away -- 18 hours on my feet fair wore me out!

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!