Subject: [Leica] new Leica M lens on its way
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Nov 12 21:23:32 2008

No, but if you're giving one away....
I put my Zeiss 21 on the market to help fund the new 24. It sold really
quickly.
The Elmarit M 21 & 24 ASPH were actually around as existing stock for
similar money as the new 24. However the new 24 looks extremely good in
specs and has some other attractions for me. It accepts my Polariser for
one, I can use the standard M8 finder too. I have a Zeiss 18 for wider.
That new 24 increased in price by no less than 27% here between original
October announcement and 1 November.
Our dollar is so dismal that it is STILL cheaper than I could get it in USA
with converted dollars.
I figure that it is not going to get better any time soon.
Remember the Aussie national distributor is getting exactly one in the
initial order.
Brands like Gitzo etc are increasing by more than 30% as the existing stock
runs out here.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.