Subject: [Leica] Important for Tina'sThanksgiving in Oregon
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Sat Nov 15 18:04:43 2008

Tina:

My wife and I lived for several years up the Columbia River from
Vancouver, WA (NO comparison to Vancouver, BC, by the way...) and
STRONGLY urge you to spend a day in the Columbia Gorge.

Best pix are from the Washington side.  Especially Cape Horn - way way
high up on a skinny state highway with breathtaking views east up the
Columbia. Be sure to stop in Skamania at the River City Grill; jazz in
the background, good food and mostly rain or hiking gear.  Carson Hot
Spring (just up the road) is a funky really old hotel with sulfer hot
baths from Mt. St. Helens' gut.

Continue East on WA Highway 14  to the Bridge of the Gods to Oregon
and back on I-84 to Portland or contiunue up river and cross the
bridge to Hood River, OR.  Windsurfing mecca of the West.

I'll leave the rest to you and all the folks to have additional
recommendations.

Whatever you do, go Up the Washington and Back on the Oregon side.

Very spiritual. wierd, beautiful space, the Gorge.

Go HERE   http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=4789759  (copy and
paste; not a link) for a shot I took some years ago fro Cape Horn
looking east up the Columbia.  Leica R9 with R Elmarit 70-180  APO
Fuji Super 400 Print. Very heavy wind so a little camera shake even
with a "chestpod" mount and open to f 2.8.  Click on the image for
more detail; it covers hundreds of square miles.

Go forth and shoot!

Bob in Seattle