Subject: [Leica] IMG:Misc. and Darkroom Adventure
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat Nov 15 20:13:33 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008
Leonard Taupier <len-001@verizon.net> wrote:

>Alan,

>You really are adventuresome. It has been many years since I
>developed film by inspection and I've never split the process with
>two developers. Good going. Don't worry about Rodinal. I think it
>takes years to go bad if at all.

>I really like your photo of the GTorpedo car. It looks like it would
>be right at home on the salt flats. What a lovely color.

>Your b&w photos look good. The photo of the leaves looks different.
>Maybe it's the dof of the 1.2 lens.

>What!! No Milwaukee in line two banger?
In the past I've tried all kinds of film/dev combinations, since with
inspection
you don't need time/temp charts.  I once had to expose Tri-X at ISO 32, but
using Microdol-X developer (which gives less than rated speed) and pulling
the
film when the density looked right yielded this:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Portraits/Model_AMR.jpg.html>
I have a16"x20" of this that looks like Panatomic-X.

I'm going to scan more cars from that meet when I get time, and have to find
the
spec sheet on the cars that were there so I can post that info with the
pictures.
I think the Golden Torpedo dates from 1918!

The Canon 50 f/1.2 seems to have a focus field that is dish-shaped, with
objects
on the edges sharp if they are closer to the lens than whatever is actually
in the
rangefinder focal point.

Thanks everyone who commented on this set.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG:Misc. and Darkroom Adventure)