Subject: [Leica] IMG: Silky Soft:85's
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat Nov 15 20:33:21 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008
 Lluis Ripoll <luisripoll@telefonica.net>

>...snip..., other alternatives are Schneider Tele Xenar 2,8/10,5cm,
>Angenieux 2,5/90,
>Sonnar 2/85, Serenar 2/85 or Nikor 2/85. All good lenses but I like
>the same as you, the smoothnes, I have also a Summilux 75, for this
>reason I think that the lenses can give me a new touch are the
>Angenieux, the Schneider or the Sonnar. OTHO for the IIIF I would like
>to have a lens not to big.

>When I get one you will know it, if you have some experiences with the
>lenses I've said, your comments will be welcome.
I don't know most of those lenses, but I have a LTM 85mm f/2 Nikkor.
It has a multi-blade diaphragm that forms a nice circle, and is physically
among the smaller 85's.
My main test for a lens is how it works at the wider apertures, so here
are some examples from it:
At f/2:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/DramaBaby_AMR.jpg.html>

At f/2.8:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Fowl_AMR.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Portraits/Hank_AMR.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/CowEye_AMR.jpg.html>

I also have an Enna Lithagon LTM 85mm f/1.5, but haven't scanned any negs
from that
yet.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978