Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Informal Portrait
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 16 20:59:14 2008

Jim Nichols offered:

>>You guys have it easy with young, cooperative models who are pleased with
their appearance.  Try to post an image of a person who has reached an age
where he or she is very critical of his or her appearance.  I shot this
informal portrait of my wife in July while testing a lens adapter, and,
after four months, have finally received her reluctant ageement to allow me
to post it.  Neither of us likes to admit that we are no longer the
teenagers who fell in love about sixty years ago.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Donna.tif.html
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Donna.tif.html%3c%3c%3c> <<<

Hi Jim,

Now that's a fine looking lady and portrait! I indeed would like to say I
had taken her picture.

My wife Irene and I have been married 59 years this past Oct. 15, so I well
understand your good lady not wanting her picture taken. :-)

I have probably used every line in the book to get Irene in front of my
lens, one would think by now she would be a ready and willing subject! :-)

Given she started this wild career of mine May 27/ 1949 by giving me the
first camera as a birthday gift on my first birthday after we were married.

Not on your life, actually to trick her into a photo might cause me my life!
:-)

As I'm sure was the case in your life. The younger days rarely were a
problem for a picture or two. These days? Not worth the wear and tear trying
to convince her.

Best leave sleeping giants rest than do battle with them! :-)

However you do have a fine picture of a fine looking wife. Please tell her
thank you for allowing us to appreciate your talent as a photographer.

Ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Another Informal Portrait)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMG: Another Informal Portrait)