Subject: [Leica] California Raptor Center
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 17 09:37:55 2008

Ken Lassiter wrote:

> I presume the 350 Telyt lens you used for the terrific photos is the one
> you bought from me.  Right?  How do you like the lens?

I told you I was going to give the lens a workout :-)

>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/tytonidae/cbow00.html
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/strigidae/nsow01.html
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/strigidae/ghow03.html
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/swha00.html

Compared with the 280 f/4 APO - an unfair comparison.  The 280 is
mind-boggling.  The 350 has to be stopped down to f/8 or so to approach the
280's performance, but it's quite good at full aperture.  The 350's
greatest strength seems to be an apparent refusal to flare under any
conditions.  I was in the dappled shade of a tree (as were the birds) and I
never saw any flare problems.  I switched to the 280 for a few photos and
flare popped up immediately.  I'll have to do some controlled tests to
confirm.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?