Subject: [Leica] Are Leica lenses muliticoated?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 22 08:32:46 2008

Sonny Carter wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 8:17 AM, <wildlightphoto@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>  Some of us even take the equipment apart, analyze how it works and what
>> design choices were made, in order to better understand the tool's
>> strengths
>> and weaknesses.  Humor us.
>

>Mostly I do.  I have vague ideas of what goes on under the hood of my Leica,
>but like I am with my car, I don't worry too much about it until I start
>hearing funny noises.

Knowing what's going on under the hood often means knowing when a funny
noise can be worked around or safely ignored.  It means being able to do
field repairs.  It means being able to modify and tweak the tools to suit my
working conditions.  The UET-R extension tube, ROM lenses & APO extenders on
the SL, the shoulder stock/monopod combination (and a few other tricks) are
the result of answering the "how does it work" question.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Are Leica lenses muliticoated?)