Subject: [Leica] Are Leica lenses multicoated?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 23 22:53:04 2008

I don't think knowing or not knowing that lens coatings went multi 30 years
ago does not have much to do with people having a deep understanding of
their tools.
This is just basic stuff. Something which in a photography class hopefully
your teacher would have mentioned in the first week or so.
Or if you'd been doing it since the early 70's you'd have easily seen it all
go by.

Much can be learned on chat groups on the internet about photography but
nothing beats buying and reading some basic books on it and taking a basic
class in introduction to photography.

Its real hard to find a non multi coated anything nowadays.

People multicoate their sunblock before they climb off on deck.

I wear a thin wool Pendleton shirt then a slighly thicker washable wool
sweater (Carlyle & Kilmore) then a Trenchcoat as a wind breaker with a
cashmere scarf
Over a tee shirt and a Levi cotton shirt.

A big fat coat does not cut it any more.

The more coats the merrier.

And the thinner the better.

It was below freezing today
Did I care?