Subject: [Leica] M8 question #2: Barcoding lenses
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon Nov 24 00:32:01 2008

I have not rigourously tested but I would say all lenses 28mm and
wider need coding. The 35mm seems to be recognised as such anyway,
without coding, in the latest firmware on my M8. Perhaps it is the
only focal length with its particular frame selector lug dimension????
I find the colour more accurate with filters on at all times too, but
I suppose that can be adjusted in the computer if so desired.
cheers,
Frank