Subject: [Leica] M8 question #2: Barcoding lenses
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon Nov 24 06:25:34 2008

I have not tried my 21mm SA on my M8 since it is one of the lenses on
the list that won't work with the M8. Whether this is because it
causes an internal clash or blocks off the meter cell I do not know.
OTOH it has an exit pupil extremely close to the image plane so will
be -much- more susceptible to the acute angle effects than other
lenses, and the correction for the 21mm Elmarit, whether normal or
asph, is unlikely to be correct. FWIW.
Frank