Subject: [Leica] M8 question #2: Barcoding lenses
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Nov 24 10:20:16 2008

Gene,

If you don't have a filter on a lens, regardless whether it's coded
or not you will not get cyan corners. Cyan is caused by the filters
on lenses which don't get corrected. Since the M8 recognizes your
21mm Elmarit Asph it will correct for vignetting and try to correct
for cyan coloration that isn't there. So what it does is give the
corners a slightly beige coloration. Maybe you don't notice it, but
it's there.

Len