Subject: [Leica] Macro photography, 5x4 style.
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Tue Nov 25 12:07:42 2008

Hi Bob,

thanks very much your comments.  I really do appreciate them.
I used a tiny amount of front tilt to get the roses in the same plane of
focus.  For the second, there was a little swing too.
I used an aperture of f22 in both shots.
Exposure-wise, I had to factor in the lens extension into the equation,
plus the filter factor.  I used an incident light meter reading, with a
base exposure of 1/2 sec at f22.  Once the filter and lens extension
factors were included, plus an allowance for reciprocity failure, the
exposure was about 5s at f22.
Hope that helps.

For some truly inspirational LF work plus instruction on how to use a
4x5, I strongly recommend "Large Format Nature Photography" by Jack Dykinga.

Enjoy the 4x5 system!

All the best

Mark.

--