Subject: [Leica] Sam Abel/ Richard Prince
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Nov 27 23:11:53 2008

At 05:58 PM 11/27/2008, you wrote:
>Sam's thoughts on being copied by Richard.
>
>http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/wordpress/?p=239
>
>What if had been your photo?
>
>Leo

Yea, Sam Abel!!  I totally agree, especially the part about the "art
world" not accepting editorial photography as being worthy of being
considered "art" but a copy is art.  I also like his comment that
Prince's work is obviously plagiarism and that the copy is breaking
the Golden Rule.  I attended a master class taught by Sam Abel at
Santa Fe and thought at the time that he had a lot of good common
sense.  This article only confirmed my first impressions.  I wish
somebody would knock "art" critics on the head with this kind of logic.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Message from leowesson at gmail.com (lug) ([Leica] Sam Abel/ Richard Prince)