Subject: [Leica] IMG: bored, with a dremel tool
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sat Nov 29 22:15:49 2008

I recently got a Canon 35mm f/2.0 lens in user condition cosmetically
with pristine glass and a very well-damped focusing helical. The lens
is smaller than I'd thought and proved to be a bit difficult to focus.
So I made my own focusing tab with a small slice of plexiglass 5mm
thick. It took about 40 minutes to contour the new tab with my Dremel
tool to fit the scallops on the Canon barrel. I painted it flat black
with a shot of spray paint I had lying around, then I used some sew-up
tubular tyre mastik (Vittoria Mastik'One) a.k.a. "rubber cement" to
adhere the tab to the lens. Here you go:

http://tinyurl.com/63wm26

http://tinyurl.com/5zshy2

Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: bored, with a dremel tool)