Subject: [Leica] Gun Photos
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sat Nov 29 18:41:07 2008

"...and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more
disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves
by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long
train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their
right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide
new Guards for their future security."

The men who wrote this were also those who had a hand in writing the US
Constitution. The 2nd Amendment is there for the defense of our homes
and a well regulated militia, yes, but as the framers wrote it, they
were thinking not of attack from the British at all. The 2nd Amendment
is our "reset button" for the United States.
Phil Forrest
Who gets teary-eyed every time he reads the Declaration of
Independence. It's such a good piece of writing.

I'll stop clogging up the list now.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Gun Photos)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Gun Photos)