Subject: [Leica] Re: lens choice
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Mon Dec 1 04:53:37 2008

With a range finder, I prefer wide angle lenses. I use the 35 mm
summilux. I like more, not less in a photo, and the wider the angle,
the more I get. With the M8, I use a 21mm from a couple of generations
ago. Wide means you have to get closer for the photo to work, generally
speaking.

I must confess, that once in a while I do use a 50 and a 90 just to
make life interesting and try new perspectives.

My taste in protraits goes to Arnold Newman who liked to photography
his subjects in the context of their surroundings.

Doug