Subject: [Leica] Daved and confused
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Dec 2 11:08:02 2008

I understood and practiced
pre-visualization in its purest form
when using an 8x10 camera (even more so with a 12x20)
something about those huge ground glasses and setting them up
along with a spot meter and color temperature meter
lent itself very well to the pre-visualization concept

4x5 photography lent itself very well
to the polaroid proof mode

the Hasselblad a bit less so - although the polaroid still worked
on commercial, architectural and interior work

a 35 SLR yet a bit less so - more frames - more experimentation
a 35 RF means working fast and thinking less

digital does bring back a certain "polaroid" type of approach
yet, not the same, unless tethered, and really studying and tweaking
along the way

YMMV

Fond regards,
George