Subject: [Leica] My M8.2 arrived!
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri Dec 5 12:51:28 2008

2008-12-05-15:23:40 Ken Lassiter:
> Today is exciting!  My new M8.2 arrived this morning.

Congratulations!  Is this your first thing M8-flavored?  If so, you have
some revelatory image quality to enjoy.

Quick hints if you're M8-family-new:

  - Of course, always shoot DNGs

  - You'll find your own metering sweet-spot;  my M8 camera lives
    happily at -2/3 EV most of the time when shooting on autoexposure.

  - ISOs 160 and 320 look great;  640 isn't too bad; and beyond that,
    you might wish to underexpose (as much as 1-1/3 stops) and pull the
    brightness back up in Lightroom or Photoshop rather than crank the
    ISO into super-noisy territory.

Can't wait to see some pictures!

 -Jeff