Subject: [Leica] Bad news at Leica
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Dec 6 08:02:27 2008

Frank Dernie wrote:

> ... there _still_ is no sensor technology available suitable for
>a FF rangefinder.

I believe that some of the S2 R&D will apply to a full-frame M camera, for
example the S2's new sensor technology that incorporates an IR-cut filter
between the photosites and the microlenses instead of on top of the
microlenses.  In this location the IR cut filter would seen more normal
light rays than oblique.  I also expect that the dedicated Maestro processor
used in the S2 will also be usable in the R10 and full-frame M, cutting
development cost while reducing camera size and battery consumption.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com