Subject: [Leica] RD-1 now Backup
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Dec 13 12:51:56 2008

No. The cost of cummuting is incremental. You would not be driving
from point A (your home) to point B (your work) for any other reason.
So you should cound the cost of the fuel, and if you want to be very
precise, a portion of your maintenance costs, depreciation etc. But
unless the only reason you bought the car is to go to work, you should
not count things like the purchase price or the road taxes as part of
your commuting cost.

These are not "accountant's tricks" but common-sense economic analysis.

I bought computers before I had ever heard of digital photography, and
I would continue to buy a new computer every few years even if I gave
up photography tomorrow. So to count the cost of the computer as part
of the cost of photography is nonsense.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain