Subject: [Leica] Focusing screens
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Dec 17 15:29:22 2008

Phil,

The Contax N1 was the second digital camera I peered through. (Before
that I used an early Fuji that any cell phone camera today would
outperform). I thought the N1 was the direction of the future. Yet since
the N1 I've been waiting........and waiting.......for a prism to match
it.

Contax did some interesting things. Like the innovative AX that focused
by moving the film plane. You had to set the lens to close medium and
far, but it did the fine tuning.

I'd like to see a digital camera that took M lenses and focused in that
manner. It would have to be small and fast enough to be practical. It
would eliminate issues with focus shift. Plus, you'd have AF with M
lenses.

It's only a matter of time!

DaveR