Subject: [Leica] OT - Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 ZE Planar T* lens
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Dec 19 08:05:18 2008

Bob wrote:

>>...it is still hard to focus.  You have a focus assist on the Nikon
for manual lenses, but that makes use very slow, while you check the
screen. <<

That's why I think manual focus WA primes are more practical than
normal's or tele's. You can just rely on hyperfocal.

Sadly, Nikon doesn't offer much in the way of prime lenses anymore. They
seem to have decided that zooms are the future. After all, if you can
buy the 14-24 for less than the price of a 14, 18 and 24 why wouldn't
you? And who needs f1.4 when you have 25,000 ASA?

Granted Nikon does an excellent job with zooms. But throw a 1 kg lens on
a 1 kg body and suddenly you need rollers instead of a strap. Or it's
time to make use of that gym membership!

I've considered that Nikon and 14-24 option. But that means I'll have to
lose 5 kg, and not just the 3 I gain over the holidays, just to return
to equilibrium.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] OT - Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 ZE Planar T* lens)